Friday, April 25, 2008

A busy release week

Thank goodness for the times when SL is borked. Otherwise, I wouldn't have time to blog. ;)

Anyway, the release of the new tail versions and of Pasithea went really well. The upgrades are going smoothly, except SurveyMonkey is giving me issues tonight so I can't view the results.

What I really want to talk about is how amazing it is to meet so many wonderful people these past few days! Such warmth! Sure, it took me an entire day sending out those notecards and IMs by hand. My sister asked me why I didn't just write a script to do it. But if I just wrote a script to distribute the notecards, I would have lost the opportunity to meet a lot of you. I got more feedback and more suggestions, and those give me a much clearer view of what you like about the tails and what I should change.

I had to use BabelFish for the translations to German/Italian/Japanese/French. And at least two people came back to me with "?". I just hope the translations weren't offensive. lol

I was hoping to send out the survey before packing the upgrades, but all these things had to come out at about the same time. Here's why: I wanted to release Pasithea as soon as possible. Being a brand new product, I wanted to let it "age" a little before I left for my trip so that I could answer people's questions. But since I used the new sculpties and SkimSurfaceSimple script on it, I knew that people would want those same features on the old tails, so I had to do the upgrade packs. But I'm running out of room in my existing shops, so I had to set up a main store so I would have a place to put the upgrade packs.

I was also weighing the pros and cons of going transferrable or copyable, and I finally decided to go to copyable, at least for now. I thought that Pasithea HAD to be copyable. A wedding attire is too important to leave to chance. And with SL the way it is lately, having only one copy of a wedding tail is a big risk. Then I weighed the pros and cons of going copyable for the rest of the tails. The initial results of the survey are showing a preference for copyables. But even if the results are overwhelmingly for copyable versions, those who want transferrable ones can just ask and I'll make them available to purchase.

Btw, as I was sending out the notecards about the upgrade, I noticed that a number of you had your Mer Betta tails on in your portrait pictures! Wow! I am *so* honored.

Anyway, still can't log in. I think I'll just go to bed.... :)

No comments: